Many Oklahomans have to choose between buying diapers for their child or putting food on the table. It is a struggle that is hard to comprehend, but you can help! Please consider a gift of diapers during National Diaper Need Awareness Week.
· Diapers can cost $70-80 per month; babies need 6-10 diapers per day.
· 1 in 3 moms report suffering from diaper need.
· Without diapers, babies cannot participate in early childhood education programs. Without child care, parents cannot go to work.
· Children who sit in wet diapers for longer than they should, can experience UTIs and other infections.
· Mothers have reported potty training infants who are less than a year old, which is at least six months earlier than is recommended, in order to save money.